make-cross and default libdirs

AAAAAAARGGH!

Make-cross is now finished (and version 1.7 is uploaded to alpha).  I
can't see it getting any more useful.  If you have any problems with
the cross-compilers that it generates, it's probably because you're
accidentally picking up a Linux lib from /usr/lib, instead of the Hurd
lib you intended to.

After all sorts of attempts, I am finally willing to admit that there
is no way for me to work around the fact that the Linux ld scripts
hardcode several default SEARCH_DIR entries.

If I cared, I would delve deeper into the problem, but I don't, seeing
as we're not too far from having a stable native compilation
environment, anyway.

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
    Lovers of freedom, unite!     \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)