Re: GRUB maintainership

Hi!

 EB> Anyway, I have the stage1.5/stage2 supporting the extended BIOS
 EB> calls.  There are various solutions (such as hiding a stage1.5 in
 EB> the area after the MBR but before the first partition) that would
 EB> work well for arbitrary sized disks.

Hiding a stage1.5 like that is my personal favorite.

Expecting extended BIOS calls in the 512-byte stage 1, though, seems
completely impossible, unless you sacrifice other GRUB features.
Perhaps we could do it by choosing between multiple stage1's based on
the kind of features we know we need?

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
    Lovers of freedom, unite!     \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)