Re: single user mode

> Hmm, it seems the idiot's guide is a little outdated but it was still useful.

It is outdated, it will be done RSN (i.e. I intend to do it tonight after
pharmacology)

> -- snip --
> cd /dev
> ./MAKEDEV dev1 dev2 dev3
> --
> First MAKEDEV says it can't find /proc/devices then it says it doesn't know
> how to create dev1 or any of the others.

Err - it shouldn't need to find /proc/devices. Also, you insert then name
of your devices, not dev1, dev2 and so on. I obviously need to make this
clearer in the idiot's guide.

> Also, when running native-install I get about 50 erros during dpkg --pending
> --configure "No such file or directory: /dev/fd/4" which /dev/fd is a
> symlink to /proc/fd, but there is nothing there. Did I miss something?

Which package was this? Try running dpkg --pending --configure
1&2>>foo.bar, and posting foo.bar to this list.

HTH,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo