Re: Success story!

On 16 Jan 1999, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> 1: Does normal FTP work?

I don't know.  Netbase hasn't been ported yet :)  I assume it should since
NFS works.

> 2: What exactly are the operation not supported messages?  It's very
> hard to help debug things without the details.

settrans -a -c ftp /hurd/ftpfs /pub 192.168.1.88
cd ftp
ftp: Gratuitous error
ls ftp
ftp: Gratuitous error
Anything I do to it gives me that

Going over to the box it's trying to connect to:
ftp localhost
<logs in fine>
cd pub
OK

Checking the logs, I get a connection from the hurd box.

--- Max/TazQ/MTFFM/Whatever My Nickname Is Today (http://crazy.ml.org)

Warning: This email is for informational purposes only.  Do not ingest,
digest, reject, inject, deject, osmose or otherwise process this email.
If taken internally, seek psychiatric help immediately.