Re: discussion on fr.comp.os.linux.debats

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> For example, the simple question "why should I use Hurd?" is not answered at
> all by the web page.

I *think* I read on the web page that one of the important design
attributes of the Hurd is that it allows one to do low level
customization of the OS without trashing others using the same system
and without the need for special permissions.  For instance, one can
install a custom translator without root perms and without effecting
others.  I think there was a device driverish kind of example too.  This
is compelling to me and should be really compelling to ISP and
educational users as well, I would think.  Basically anyone who shares
a computer but wants lots of customization benefits from this.