Re: update-translator script for review

> What is missing now is a working policy how to call the script in the
> postinst/prerm scripts. Especially which flags to pass to settrans to treat
> the active translator right (should it be killed? should it be ignored,
> etc).

I have posted here before detailed descriptions of what the different
options for using settrans are, relating them directly to
killing/restarting other (non-translator) daemons.  I think that there
should be a consistent policy for translators (controlled with settrans
and/or fsysopts) and other daemons (controlled with signals or whatever).
Is there a clear debian policy regarding what the installation scripts
should do about daemons being upgraded or removed that might already be
running?