Promise Ultra-33 UDMA controller and Hurd?

I am going to install the Hurd on my machine, but I need some advice on
configuration.  I have all of my on-board IDE drives in use, with no spare
disk space, so I went out and got a cheap 13Gb WD drive, and the Promise
Ultra-33 UDMA controller (for $19) mostly for Hurd work.  It would be
best if I could put the new drive on the new controller and have done
with it.  However, it would also work for me to duplicate my 4Gb Linux
disk on the new drive, and then hang the 4Gb onto the Promise interface.
This latter means slightly more work for me, but it's not impossible.