re: X is "working"

> Certainly, I applied the following to the Hurd sources:
>
> http://f77.nop.or.jp/doc/patches/hurd-xfree86.patch

I believe that the changes to the term server in that patch are no longer
necessary (to use your serial mouse with X).  Can you try reverting that
part of the patch (i.e. go back to a stock /hurd/term for your mouse line)
and tell us whether your serial mouse still works with X?

The other things that patch does is provide new `kbd' and `mouse' translators.
We plan to instead provide a more general `streamio' translator for these
devices, but it has not been done yet.