RE: Re: Problems cross-compiling gnumach

Which one of the libc0.2 packages? I saw several libc0.2-something...pretty heavy ones...

          Pablo.

-------Mensaje Original-------
De: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Enviado: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 19:44:47  0200
A: Pablo Baena <pbaena@tercermundo.com.ar>
Asunto: Re: Problems cross-compiling gnumach

On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 09:24:16PM  0000, Pablo Baena wrote:
> Hello hurd-maniacs! I quit long time ago trying to cross compile gnumach,
> I never had success on that, but today I tried again.

Okuji's replied was correct, here is a simple way to fix this.
Create a Hurd partition, and get the Debian Hurd packages of libc0.2,
libc0.2-dev, hurd-dev, hurd, gnumach-dev.

Then mount your Hurd part under /gnu (or wherever /usr/i386-gnu/lib and
include point to) and extract the content of the packages. If you don't have
Dbeian and thus can't use the dpkg-hurd script (do you have dpkg
installed on your FeeeBSD system?), then you can do so with

ar x data.tar.gz packagename.deb
tar xzf data.tar.gz

Do this for each package, and then i386-gnu-gcc should work. If you can
cross-coompile a GNU Mach, this would be great, because I am not sure I will
manage to do a lean GNU Mach before I leave for holiday (sorry).