hurd multiple questions...

Hi there...

Having just installed the hurd... (a fun-filled experience for both me
and the hurd :-)
Having those dummy perl packages makes life a nightmare.... - do you
think that the base/perl* packages could be replaced with their perl5
equivalents real-soon-now [tm], so the hurd is properly installable?

Could the easy install guide be updated to remove the timezones package
from the "required packages" list?

Any idea why when I try to  view my linux partition I get a:
/dev/hd1s1: device not configured (or something like that)
(having done an apparently successful settrans, and I used MAKEDEV to
make hd1 and hd1s1)

Why do I get a "gratuitous error" when doing a ls -l on /dev?

What's the story with ppp and pthreads support in the hurd? These seem
to be the biggest and most annoying things missing to me.

--
---
Peter Hawkins