Re: Why it's so slow?

Disclaimer:  I do not have a device to devote to the Hurd ATM, so I am
not _yet_ an active participant.  Also, I am not a programmer but a lot
of what I have read here reminds me of early Linux/m68k (which I
survived intact).

Anyway, the point.  I noticed some discussion of linking ash to /bin/sh
instead of bash for non-interactive work, to speed things up and reduce
memory usage, on the linux devel list archives.  Is ash available?
Would it be seen as a cooperative gesture to investigate this more fully
for the benefit of Debian as a whole?

Ian Smith