Re: Minor installation defects

On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 08:55:05PM +0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> dpkg-hurd uses bash-2 features. /bin/sh on RedHat Linux is bash-1.14.7,
> which doesnt understant multiple -o inside brackets. Is it not better to
> use "case" instead?
> Patch attached.

It's not bash, it's the "test" binary. Try "which [". RH seems to have a n
old or broken version of shellutils if test is from the GNU shellutils on
RH.

However, I am happy to apply your patch.

> After running native-install there is no instruction about rebooting the
> computer. By the way, it would be nice to tell the user about "init 6",
> because Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work.

How about "reboot" ? I will mention that.

> GNU Midnight Commander would be a nice thing to have. I have successfully
> compiled it. There are minor defects with subshell support (Ctrl-O must be
> pressed three times to get back to the panels), but it is not very
> important now.

Ok, I will make a package. This is what I want: People trying it and
reporting that it works (or not). Compiling a package is easy for me
when I don't have to do much or any changes to it.

Thanks!