Re: How can I make contributions to Hurd ?

>   * Do whatever magic is necessary for Perl to take advantage of all
>   the nifty Hurd features that Unix doesn't have.

This seems like as opportune of a time as any to ask this:
What are the "nifty Hurd features that Unix doesn't have"?

So far I've just caught bits and pieces of the benefits of the Hurd,
so I was wondering if anyone could (or already has) give a quick run
down of the planned features for the Hurd, and how that will relate to
its effect on everyday usage (the one example that comes to mind is I
think I saw mentioned that it would be possible to switch UID while
running another program so you could make a quick root change to a
file without having to stop and restart the editor).