dpkg 1.4.1.2

Hi,

As you may have noted, dpkg 1.4.1.2 was uploaded a while ago to alpha.

It contains a good deal of patches to make it fully functional. Also, to
indicate that it is a fork of real dpkg, I changed the package names to
dpkg-hurd and dpkg-hurd-dev. This wasn't such a good idea after all. The
build process already showed me where the implicit assumption was made that
the package name is indeed dpkg and nothing else, but I didn't expect that
the binary does as well!

dpkg --assert-support-predepends breaks, which makes it impossible to
install newer versions of important packages like bash. To fix this, edit
/var/lib/dpkg/status and change the "Package: dpkg" entry to "Status:
install ok installed" and "Version: 1.4.1.2". This will make it work.

Next version will have the package naming change undone, it is just not
worth it. My original intention was to upload this in the Debian archive,
but alpha is just as well, so who cares.

I upload bash 2.02.1-1.4, which compiled and built with almost no changes
natively! I had to pgp sign it under Linux, though. Beside of that, native
building is perfectly possible now, so just go ahead, but make sure to use
dpkg 1.4.1.2 (or later) and patch the dpkg-source script if you use 1.4.1.2,
if you don't have newer hurd (which is not released yet).