Re: cross-install problem (/boot/servers.boot got moved)

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Bernard Frankpitt wrote:

> Hi Troy,
> 	I have been thinking about trying out a hurd install and would be
> interested in more detail about your experience cross installing on a
> RedHat installation using dpkg. What parts of debian do you need and how
> do you get them to work homogeneously with redhat wierdness.

How's this? :)

a) get an i386-linux dpkg*.deb

b) get alien*.rpm

c) run alien on dpkg*.deb

d) rpm -uhv /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/dpkg*.rpm --nodeps --force

e) run cross-install

(a-d could be skipped if someone builds a 'correct' dpkg, or can point to
where regular binary is, I think)

| Troy Benjegerdes    |       troy@microux.com     |    hozer@drgw.net   |
|    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.  |
| This message composed with 100% free software.    http://www.gnu.org   |