Re: GRUB maintainership

 EB> I'm working on it kind of low key right now (responding to a
 EB> batch of email messages once every 2 weeks or so).

I think that's a little too slow for this stage of Debian GNU/Hurd's
development (no offense intended... I know you must be busy with other

Would you object to me doing some aggressive point releases of 0.5
(i.e. 0.5.1, 0.5.2, etc), and then reporting back to you when I
discover which new features/bug fixes seem to work well?

I'm not so interested in taking over GRUB as I am in quickly obtaining
a set of working Debian GNU/Hurd installation disks.  After I have
that, I'll relax, and probably be content with whatever pace you want
to set for future development.

Up until that time, though, I feel pretty impatient, and don't want to
have to wait two weeks just to get replies from you.

 EB> So, I'm throwing it open...  what do people fundamentally want
 EB> here?  Lot's of new features, or mostly bug fixes ??

Both. ;)

Seriously, though, there are many things that can be done to make GRUB
work better with the Hurd.  I don't care what gets implemented first,
just so long as there are signs of rapid progress towards having an
easy-to-use GNU binary distribution.

Anyway, I hope you find my proposal (of me putting out some point
releases) agreeable.  I think it would be unfair to all parties for us
Hurd people to keep bugging you about GRUB at this time when our
priorities are obviously different.

 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
    Lovers of freedom, unite!     \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)
[Unfortunately, www.fig.org is broken.  Please stay tuned for details.]