Re: A problem I can't solve

On Thu, Jan 14, 1999 at 03:20:58PM +0000, M.C. Vernon wrote:
> Dear Marcus,
>
> 	Sorry to fill your inbox, but here's a problem I can't solve:
>
> dpkg complains it can't find libdpkg.so.0.0
>
> It is in /usr/lib
>
> This I guess means that dpkg is trying to open /lib/libdpkg.so.0.0, but
> given it's a binary, I can't do anything about this. This strikes me as
> funny, 'cos in linux the library is in /usr/lib.

I was afraid of this. There are two possibilities: The binary has an rpath
hard coded, which happened before I fixed my specs file. Or the linker does
not search the /usr/lib directory at all.

As a first fix, link /usr/lib -> /lib if you don't have the usr symlink.

I will investigate this. (please send me the output of
"strings /gnu/bin/dpkg | grep rpath -")