Re: Memory Requirements

I read about it in an email about what's new in 2.2 that I received.
I've mentioned it on my local linux mailing list and nobody corrected
me. It should be relatively easy to check, but I haven't.

As for why it should need more than 4meg? Well it's pretty hard to
install a major linux distribution with less than 8. Features feature,
and of course the hardware is cheaper and more available.

I don't write the kernels, I just use them. I guess that means I don't
have a lot of say in the memory requirements. I think Linus Torvalds
uses a quad xeon, I don't suppose he's overly concerned.
--
Binary Bar - Australia's first free access internet bar/cafe/gallery.
243 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia. 3pm - 1am