Re: GRUB for Debian in general?

In the immortal words of David Maslen:
> One thing I got from using HURD, was GRUB installed on my disk. I
> really like it, and although most people can't imagine why they might
> want to look past lilo, those who actually see the grub consider it.

I agree. I've shown GRUB to a few people, and they're typically
hooked when I tell them what it can do.

> So what are the chances of debian adopting the grub for use with the
> HURD and with Linux? Has it been discussed?

I don't know if it's been discussed, but I have a feeling the lack of
an install program has a lot to do with it.  It complicates the
install process if you have to reboot to install the bootloader.

It shouldn't be to hard to put the code that does the installation
into a separate program...  I've been meaning to give it a try, but
haven't gotten around to it.  Check out cmdline.c:341 if you're
interested.

--
Jacob H-A
#!/bin/sh