Re: New packages and cross-config.gnu

> This bothers me.  The hurd su does not work like su, so it should be
> renamed.

I agree.  People and their shell scripts expect su to be the one in shellutils.
For the much more exciting Hurd magic, we have addauth, rmauth, setauth.
The su and unsu programs we have are convenient too, but we should figure
out new names.

> Sync doesn't have to do anything more than call sync(), or does it?  Is
> there some hurd-specific functionality that base scripts rely on?  If so,
> shouldn't it be provided by a program not named sync?

The Hurd `sync' program provides more options and functionality,
but there is nothing extant that uses them.