Re: Cross compiling doesn't work anymore (was: Re: GNU libc snapshots work again on the Hurd)

Hi!

 MB> BTW, can you also enlighten the specs file issue? I am completely
 MB> puzzled by it, as I can't find information about the specs file
 MB> etc.

In short, the specs file modifies gcc's behaviour based on the flags
you send it.  The problem with the specs file I had before is that it
linked all static binaries against -lc_p, *not* -lc!

That caused miscellaneous troubles because profiling does not quite
work yet in glibc-2.1.

 MB> I have the hurd package ready here, but it does not work. I
 MB> think the statically linked binaries like serverboot do not work
 MB> because the specs file is wrong.

Did you grab my new specs file from
alpha.gnu.org:/gnu/hurd/ghhk/i386-gnu-specs ?  It should resolve your
problems.

[Okay... I just saw your other mail to the list saying that you got
things working.  Congratulations!]

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
    Lovers of freedom, unite!     \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)