Re: trying to cross-compile

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:

> > Please, for cross-compiling, try dpkg-cross_1.3, which now
> > supports GNU/Hurd (thanks to Roman Hodek).
>
> Would this make the procedure:
>
> dpkg-cross -a hurd-i386 -B -rfakeroot
>
> or do I need to
> PATH=/usr/i386-gnu/bin:$PATH first too?

No, in general dpkg-cross does not require to change the PATH (at least
in principle), but you have to make sure that the CC variable dpkg-cross
automatically defines (usually, "gcc-i386-gnu") is properly passed from
debian/rules to the upstream Makefile.

> > Also, note that you might need a new dpkg-genchanges, see Bug #25537.
>
> Has the bug been fixed, or do I need to grab the source, edit it, and
> recompile (hmm...NMU anyone?)?

It has not been fixed yet, as far as I know. Fortunately there is nothing
to compile, because dpkg-genchanges is written in perl. In my system I
just changed it "in place" in /usr/bin.

--
 "6c92b3ed06f20c485767fbb9112e6fdc" (a truly random sig)