Re: The idiots guide to installing hurd on a linux box is ready

Hi,

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:

> http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/~mcv21/hurd.html
>
> Please send corrections, suggestions, flames, encouragement, etc. to me.
> In particular, the bits where I say "I don't know this", please explain!

I've been considering to install Hurd for some months.  At first I looked
at www.gnu.org but I didn't want to get the entire gnu-0.2 tar file.
Even if I could access the internet from home, it would take several
weeks to get 70 MB. If I downloaded it from here (college), I would
need several boxes of floppies to take it home...
Maybe someone else has these problems too?
Is it feasible to create a CD, or is too early?

I've got some Debian packages (gnumach, hurd, libc, etc) but there are
some problems when running dpkg from Linux (which have been discussed in
this list already).

bye
    Rafael Caetano <rcaetano@linux.ime.usp.br>