Re: Dpkg for Hurd

Hi!

 MB> I just copied "/usr/bin/aclocal" (a perl script) and
 MB> /usr/share/aclocal/ to my GNU partition. IIRC, this fixed this
 MB> problem, but there are more. For example, libtoolize is also
 MB> needed.

This is a dpkg build environment bug.  Requiring installers to have
autoconf, automake, libtool and gettext is just wrong.  I speak as the
designer and implementer of GNU Libtool.

The dpkg people should know that it is important to distribute the
generated files (especially configure scripts) along with their
packages.  Saving 40-50kB in the tar file is not worth the hassle,
IMO.

If nobody else submits a bug report to the dpkg folks, I'll do it when
I get time.

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
    Lovers of freedom, unite!     \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)

Copyright (C) 1998 FIG; the creator offers you this gift and wants it to
remain free.  See http://www.fig.org/freedom.html for details.
  This work is copylefted and may be copied, modified and distributed
  under the GNU General Public License (GPL); it comes with absolutely
  NO WARRANTY.  See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.