Re: How to create Debian GNU/Hurd packages (part III)

Hello,

On Sat, Aug 01, 1998 at 03:36:33PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:

> However, when cross-compiling, ldd outputs nothing reasonable on Hurd
> binaries, there is nothing to parse, and there is nothing to do.

I want to add that this is also true on the hurd. In fact, on the Hurd the
ldd with the gnu-0.2 distribution just crashes and hangs the machine.

> For this reason, I use the ldd wrapper which says "statically linked", and
> I have avoided on purpose to upload any package which depends on any other
> shared library different than libc (for example, ncurses).

(this wrapper works also on a native compile :)

> So it would be great to have a Linux-ldd which understand Hurd binaries,
> and also to have some dpkg-shlibdeps wrapper to work with it. This way
> the "cross-compiler suite" would be "complete".

I invite everyone to compile ld.so and ldd for the Hurd, too :)