hurd developpement tree

On 14 Jul 1998, Gordon Matzigkeit wrote:

>  ML> Well, I used to look there quite often, and then I got to think
>  ML> that hurd developpement was dead. I was just wrong : the
>  ML> repository has just (silently :-/ ) moved somewhere else.....

> Don't worry about this... I'll be sure to get the other Hurd
> developers to provide us with recent sources whenever we need them.
> Obviously, things will have to become more accessible in the long run,
> but for now it shouldn't be a serious problem.

Well, I didnt quite like the idea of not beeing able to access the
developpement tree (actually I was almost shocked, given the nature of the
project) so I set up a afs<->ftp gateway using arla
(www.stacken.kth.se/project/arla). You can access it by anonymous ftp at
exocet.via.ecp.fr in /pub/hurddev. Arla is still quite a bit unstable so I
hope I wont have any problems keeping this site up.

The official ftp repository for hurd snapshots is still the one one at
alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd. I hope "they" (whoever that is) will keep their
promise of keeping it updated, because it is still cool to be able to
track code changes this way....

I also did some work on my hurd page, though not as much as I would have
wanted to. I mainly reworked the bibliography section because a lot of
links were broken. Next think I should work on will be the section about
mach, where I'd like to put things in a broader context and to give some
information about other microkernels. And then... oh well, then I will
have soo much things to say :)

Michel "Walken" LESPINASSE - Student at Ecole Centrale Paris (France)
           www              walken@via.ecp.fr
          (o o)            http://www.via.ecp.fr/~walken/
------oOO--(_)--OOo------ C0 9B E8 D8 44 43 D3 63  5A B4 BA 55 57 5B 19 6D
     "Just say know"     finger walken@zen.via.ecp.fr for complete PGP key