Hurd and Bochs

Hi,

For the archives, I just managed to create a bochs image for Hurd.

I used [1] and [2], altough [2] proved more helpful.

Some details which were not clear in both articles :
- "grub floppies" can be found in the grub-disk debian package. If you
  one of those, it would be even easier to install grub on the disk.

- I didn't understood the "Failed to open plex86 device." bochs message. I
just told bochs to "cont" and it worked.

- To set the floppy as boot device, just modify your bochsrc so that you
  have :
floppya: 1_44=pathtoyourfloppy.img, status=inserted
boot: floppy

Since the tarball I found on ftp.gnuab.org was broken, I downloaded the
K5 CD1 and extracted the tarball from it. The tarball from the mini-iso
should work as well.

However, I then failed to native-install, because of an emulation
problem in bochs which seems to apear with coreutils > 4.8 (lots of "cp:
memory exhausted"). This bug is described in [3] and [4].

After compiling bochs from the CVS, it worked (I was previously using
bochs 2.1pre3-1 from debian).

Then, everything went fine.

[1] http://www.asyd.net/docs/hurd/bochs-hurd.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2003/debian-hurd-200303/msg00065.html