Re: of possible interest to hppa people

Hi David,

On 4/19/23 16:16, David Bremner wrote:
I'm not sure of the history of this bug, but it seems not to have
attracted much intersted from porters in the last decade or so

It may be hopeless, but if someone with a particular interest in hppa
wants to tackle it, please follow up on the bug.  I am nearly certain
that the underlying issue is different now, since racket has changed a
lot in the meantime.

Thanks a lot for pointing to the bug!

It seems racket fails to build on various (secondary) platforms like
ia64, m68k, sh4 and x32 too:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=racket&suite=sid

I haven't looked myself into the issue yet, but racket seems to be some kind
of programming language, which might not be easy to port. I'm not sure!
It doesn't seem to be used by many people either, as popcon sees "only" ~ 450 installations:
https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=racket

So, I wonder if there would be anyone using it on hppa at all, and thus if
it makes sense to put efforts in fixing racket for hppa (and some other 2nd arches)?
But even that said, maybe someone else is interested to check?

Helge