Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-05-09

Hi!

On 5/27/19 3:56 PM, Helge Deller wrote:
> I just sucessfully installed a hppa B180L workstation.
>
> Installation happened via serial console, since it seems the kernel has
> a bug which hangs the machine when started via graphic console (STIcon and stifb).
> I dropped the 2019-05-09 NETINST ISO image via "dd" to a second hard disc and
> installed from there, which worked.
Good to know it works! I will create a new howto at some point which explains how
to create installation images so that anyone can do that on their own when they
want to test fixes for d-i or debian-cd.

I still haven't figured out yet how to include the missing firmware in debian-cd,
setting FORCE_FIRMWARE in debian-cd isn't enough as the Debian Ports mirror doesn't
include anything from the non-free section.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz