Update on buster

Hi team,

I’m currently testing the buster HPPA and Bullseye HPPA install media after a lot of testing and large amounts of frustration I believe I have solved the issues.

Once I have tested the current installer on my all my machines with out issues I will release them. Please note these are not official Debian Ports install media and will not install Sid.

The buster release ( Debian Stable) is intended for servers mainly who need stable system software and security updates.

Bullseye is the testing branch of HPPA and is recommended for all. It is mainly a mirror of Sid with some fixes if needed been made.

Which one is right for you.
As the purple-cat media is solely done by myself and is server focused its your best choice for machines directly connected to the internet, as updates are added to the distro regularly.

Use bullseye if you want to use more current packages. I may do a backport repo if needed.

I will announce the release of the media soon.

Mike Hosken

Sent from my iPhone