debian-hppa on a 710

Hi,

the way to test an installation suggested by Frank Scheiner is much too
complicated for me. I don't want to set up such an environment for some
occasional tests. But I've got some spare SCSI disks, so I can simply
try a real installation using a CD with a downloaded iso image. I tried
it with the "debian-8.0-hppa-CD-1.iso" image and it works until it runs
out of memory just before the partitioner should start. I could then
start a shell, but all commands just say "Can't fork". 64MB may be
sufficient for a preconfigured small kernel, but not for the installer,
despite the "Low Memory" mode that it uses.

The "debian-10.0-hppa-NETINST-1" CD doesn't even start the installer.
The boot process stops after these messages:

  Console: colour dummy device 160x64
  console [tty0] enabled
  bootconsole [ttyB0] disabled

Lothar