Re: C3600 kernel/64bit 4.* slow IO due to -mlong-calls

On 2018-03-16 1:29 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
This week I succeeded in building a stripped-down kernel without
mlong-calls (in Gentoo), but was unable to get anything to link
without mlong-calls when CONFIG_PARISC_PAGE_SIZE_16KB=y.

I wouldn't recommend the above option.  It affects alignment of some things in kernel and as you found it makes the kernel bigger.  There are also some things in userspace
that assume 4KB pages.

Dave

--
John David Anglin  dave.anglin@bell.net