Re: Have my PA8800 back online...

On 12/04/2017 05:59 PM, John David Anglin wrote>>> I think this is a palo bug.  The rp3440 has a ATI RV100 graphics
interface that doesn't work.  Early units
had a VGA connector on the back.  Latter, it was completely covered over.  It looks like palo has selected
the graphics interface rather than the serial ttyS0 port.
No, palo will not choose the graphics card if it wasn't started on graphics console.

But the snippet that Frank posted showed the graphics console was selected:

[...]
[    0.001572] Console: colour dummy device 160x64
[    0.002947] console [tty0] enabled

Yes, but this was not selected by a configuration of a kernel argument. I removed the console argument added by palo before booting the kernel. So I assume the kernel selected tty0 by itself, maybe a default, if nothing else was selected as console device.

Frank