Re: Have my PA8800 back online...

On 2017-12-03, at 3:17 PM, Helge Deller wrote:

> Overall I think we are in pretty good shape with the port,
> but here is a small list where work would be helpful:
>
> - gcc: Make gccgo work (still crashes)
> - kernel/gdb: For core files written by kernel, gdb is reporting: BFD: Warning: /tmp/core.http.1655.ls3011.1465554447 is truncated: expected core file size >= 2187264, found: 2121728.
> - kernel/glibc: Maybe implement real kernel VDSO support ?
> - gcc: _mcount can be optimized (smaller) by not subtracting offset
> - gcc: put PLABELS into read-only section (gcc function pa_reloc_rw_mask() needs modification, see "section mismatches" mails)

Regarding the PLABELS, I believe the dynamic linker would have to be changed to support putting them
into a read-only section.

We have been slowly loosing packages due to a lack of porting effort.

- Porting openjdk would be a huge help to package count - isn't there a generic implementation
- git build fails due to testsuite fail
- vim/newvim have testsuite issues (maybe gcc bug?)
- gtk+3.0 (two tests fails)
- erlang packages - many builds fail due to a segv
- desktoptojson faults building krdc
- gdb is pretty fragile

There's probably more but I agree things are much better than before.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@bell.net