Re: autoconf stalls while checking "atomic builtins for 64 bit data types"

On 28.09.2017 01:10, Christoph Biedl wrote:
John David Anglin wrote...

The 32-bit implementation uses floating point loads and stores to
atomically access double words in memory.

Given the information below I reckon that one is broken.

The 64-bit implementation uses integer loads and stores.  The buildd
machines all uses 64-bit kernels.

linux-image-4.12.0-2-parisc is a 32-bit kernel.  64-bit kernels are named
like linux-image*parisc64.

Ok, tried that one, now the autoconf check passes. Thanks for your
patience.

The old "PA7000/PA7100" machines are 32-bit only.

So, unless I misunderstand, these boxes are not supported since a 64 bit
kernel would not run, and using 32 bit kernel __sync_fetch_and_add_8
will stall as I observed. That should be fixed, then. I'd like to and
will try but probably lack the skills.

Dave submitted this patch to the parisc kernel mailing list, which most
likely will fix the problem:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9979587/

Did anyone of you tested it?

Helge