Re: glibc 2.23 testsuite issues on hppa

On 2016-07-02 10:24, John David Anglin wrote:
> On 2016-06-30, at 7:25 PM, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>
> >  FAIL: nptl/tst-cancel9
> >  FAIL: nptl/tst-cancelx9
> >
> > These two errors need some investigation as the build log does not
> > provide a lot of details. They seem to be linked as they anyway use the
> > same source code with different compilation options.
>
> These two fails are not new and I thought they had been added to XFAIL list.  They
> were listed as regressions in your mail "glibc 2.22 testsuite issues on hppa" on March 8
> and were added to the 2.22 XFAIL list.

Correct, I remember that now. In practice we have never marked them as
XFAIL, and strangely they never fail on the build daemon since the glibc
2.22 is in unstable.

> They also occur with trunk.
>
> Strangely, these two tests do not fail when run using installed libraries:
> dave@mx3210:~/gnu/glibc/objdir/nptl$ ./tst-cancel9
> cancel now
> waiting for the child
> in cleanup
> dave@mx3210:~/gnu/glibc/objdir/nptl$ ldd ./tst-cancel9
> 	libpthread.so.0 => /lib/hppa-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0xfd4d8000)
> 	libc.so.6 => /lib/hppa-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xfd2df000)
> 	/lib/ld.so.1 (0x41000000)

Do you think that the test is not run correctly and uses part of the
glibc from the host system? It would be interesting to build glibc 2.23,
install it on the system and check if the tests still fail.

> The tests fail due to some kind of race which causes a segmentation fault in the unwind code:

[...]

> I tend to think it's a kernel bug.

If you consider it's a kernel bug, we can mark them as XFAIL.

Aurelien