Re: Pre-DEBIAN 8.0 install images for HPPA architecture (debian-ports unstable release)

On 09.03.2015 22:11, Harri Haataja wrote:
On 24 February 2015 at 19:13, Helge Deller <deller@gmx.de> wrote:
I've prepared some initial netboot installation medias for
         DEBIAN 8.0 on HPPA

I'd like to say thank you as well. I've been intending to test debian
on a J6700 I rescued,

J6700 works pretty fine.

and I got to booting it after seeing this
announcement.

Only the drives in the machine have an HP-UX installation I'd like to
preserve for now and I haven't been able to dig out my spares yet.
I'll see if I can get around to trying the install later.

FYI, you could even e.g. add a SATA PCI card and attach SATA drives if you like.
The only important thing is, that the bootloader (PALO) and the /boot partition needs to be on a (small) SCSI disc.

Helge