Re: Bad LIF Image Error on Install for C8000 and J6750

Following-up on the thread - here is the serial console output when I try and boot from CD (this is the full install cd, not the netinst):

1) Initial SEARCH for boot devices

Main Menu: Enter command or menu > SEARCH

Searching for potential boot device(s)
This may take several minutes.

To discontinue search, press any key (termination may not be immediate).

   POTENTIAL BOOT DEVICES

   Path#  Device Path         Device Type
   -----  -----------------   -------------------------
   P0     scsiA.6             HP 73.4GST373454LW
   P1     ide.0               HL-DT-STDVDRRW GWA-4161B

2) And this is from booting without interacting with the IPL with “boot ide.0"

Main Menu: Enter command or menu > boot ide.0
Interact with IPL (Y, N, or Cancel)?> N

Booting...
Boot IO Dependent Code (IODC) revision 1

IPL error: bad LIF magic.
 .... FAILED.

3) If I interact with the IPL, no difference

Main Menu: Enter command or menu > boot ide.0
Interact with IPL (Y, N, or Cancel)?> Y

Booting...
Boot IO Dependent Code (IODC) revision 1

IPL error: bad LIF magic.
 .... FAILED.

There is no timeout in either case - the error is immediate - so not sure if that points more to a bad image from the CD-RW. Also, I see that I have a more recent version of IODC - not sure if this a red herring though.

I don’t have a spare second SCSI drive to copy the image over to - will see if I can scrounge up something (although at that point TFTP might be less hassle…) - I only have one drive which will be the install target. =P

Cheers,
Jay