Bad LIF Image Error on Install for C8000 and J6750

Hi - I’m in the process of resurrecting some old PA-RISC hardware for fun, and was happy to see ISO images from debian-ports for installation. I tried the discs (burned to cd-rw) on both a C8000 and a J6750 - in both cases I get a ‘Bad LIF Image’ error upon attempting to boot from CD via prom.

I don’t have the full error message on me right now - but wanted to ask if anyone had tried these images successfully - and what I should be looking for to provide info for debugging. Both installs were via serial console per the parisc-linux wiki page.

Cheers,
Jay