lifimage boot issues

OK, humor me... I managed to burn the lifimage from the site to CD and in the boot config list, there is an entry #2 - ip=bootp. How do I change this to point to the CD as the image source? If I set the proper kernel, it WILL boot, but it gets to a point where it's looking for a bootp (tftp host, I'm guessing). This entry was never in the Lenny net-boot discs, so I'm at a bit of a loss here, and there doesn't seem to be anything in the documentation about it. If I change that entry to anything else (i.e. 'local', 127.0.0.1, etc.), it errors out and says 'Couldn't grok your kernel executable formatERROR: failed to load kernel'. I'd really like to get this machine back up and running at some point. A little help, please? I don't have another machine on my network that I can do tftp from, so that idea is out. Anybody have any ideas, solution, etc.? Thanks.

BTW, I'm working with a J6750 workstation (SMP 64 bit)...
--
Dave Land
Land Computer Service