Re: Current and upcoming toolchain changes for jessie

On 6/13/2013 10:46 AM, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
Hi,

On 13/06/13 13:51, Matthias Klose wrote:
GCC 4.8 is now the default on all x86 architectures, and on all ARM
architectures (the latter confirmed by the Debian ARM porters).  I did not get
any feedback from other port maintainers, so unless this does change and port
maintainers get involved with toolchain maintenance, the architectures staying
at 4.6 or 4.7 shouldn't be considered for a successful release (re-)qualification.
I trust these are the architectures that are okay so far:
| gcc48_archs = amd64 armel armhf arm64 i386 x32 kfreebsd-amd64
kfreebsd-i386 hurd-i386

So the following would be the architectures for which some response is
requested urgently from port maintainers, to confirm they are ready for
GCC 4.8 as default:

Release arches: ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390 s390x sparc

All the above have built gcc-4.8.1-2 or higher.

Other ports:  alpha hppa* m68k powerpcspe ppc64 sh4* sparc64*

* these ports don't appear to have successfully built GCC 4.8 yet.

hppa has successfully built GCC 4.8 and the packages are available for download
from the unstable archive at www.parisc-linux.org.

The compiler default for hppa can be changed to 4.8.

Dave

--
John David Anglin    dave.anglin@bell.net