Re: Potential issues for most ports (Was: Re: Bits from the Release Team (Jessie freeze info))

On Tue, 05 Nov 2013, Don Armstrong wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Nov 2013, Niels Thykier wrote:
> > In this regard; I am guilty of filing some those bugs without tagging
> > them. Honestly, adding the tags get a bit in the way right now. If a
> > package FTBFS on 4 architectures, I have to dig up 3-4 different
> > usertags (with different "user") and associate it with the bug.
>
> This sounds like a case where we should turn these usertags into fully
> fledged tags. [Or alternatively, they should just be made usertags under
> the debian-ports@lists.debian.org user or similar.]

I would also be OK with creating a pseudopackage as well as Ian suggested.

[Or multiple pseudopackages.]

Something like i386.ports.debian.org or similar would work, with each
current port getting a pseudopackage, and the maintainer of the
pseudopackage being the ports list.

America was far better suited to be the World's Movie Star. The
world's tequila-addled pro-league bowler. The world's acerbic bi-polar
stand-up comedian. Anything but a somber and tedious nation of
socially responsible centurions.
 -- Bruce Sterling, _Distraction_ p122