Re: Bits from the Release Team (Jessie freeze info)

Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> writes:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Stewart Smith
> <stewart@flamingspork.com> wrote:
>> Jenkins can have slaves on remote hosts, via SSH. It runs a small java
>> app there, so as long as the arch has a JVM then you're pretty right.
>
> For whatever definition of small. I've seen it consuming 1 GiB of
> memory...

with 'm68k' in your email address your definition of small is likely
much different than my "many years in large scale databases" small :)

That being said... I haven't recently seen a slave jenkins java process
more than one or two hundred mb.

This is (of course) absolutely insane, as is the 4-6GB jenkins master
process. However, dollars per GB of memory is suitably low that it's not
worth me fixing it, instead it just sits there annoying me as it could
undoubtedly be better....

--
Stewart Smith