Re: State of the PA-RISC/HPPA port (August 2013)

On 13-Aug-13, at 5:36 PM, Helge Deller wrote:

Hi Thibaut,

On 08/13/2013 11:38 AM, Thibaut Varène wrote:
Le 3 août 2013 à 22:41, Helge Deller <deller@gmx.de> a écrit :
Furthermore, we sadly still don't have buildd-server. What really
is missing here is someone who is willing to host a parisc server
and provide enough direct bandwith to the internet.  Giving away
real server hardware is probably doable (and those parisc machines
luckily aren't expensive any longer on ebay :-)) and even
administration would be done by Dave, me or someone else if
necessary.

I think this is not exactly the issue. As I told you before, you are
welcome to set up the A500 (since the rp3440 is broken, and I don't
have the means to repair it) hosted at ESIEE (which has plenty of bw)
as an autobuild. I think the problem has more to do with finding
someone knowledgeable about the process AND willing to go through the
pain of said setup. I for one will not volunteer, for the reasons I
already detailed in previous emails ;-)

Sure, I didn't forgot your offer, and yes, it's a lot of work...
Nevertheless, it doesn't hurt if we have more build servers as well.

I have buildd running on my rp3440 and also have installed the wanna- build database infrastructure. What is lacking are the trigger scripts for wanna-build to handle the remote debian source and parisc package archives. There is a local
trigger script.

So at the moment, the simplest solution appears to be mirroring the archives locally.
I'm a bit worried about how much net bandwidth this will require.

All the packages to set up buildd and wanna-build are in the parisc archive. It's not that much work. The work in running a buildd server is in monitoring it and resolving package build issues. I'm not seeing the ports access issue being
resolved unless we can demonstrate a working system.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@bell.net