Re: PARISC Linux website and status update

On 4/24/2013 3:33 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM, John David Anglin <dave.anglin@bell.net> wrote:
On 4/24/2013 9:18 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Helge Deller <deller@gmx.de> wrote:
So, sorry for forgetting to mention GENTOO LINUX on the website!
I've fixed it now (please wait one hour until the cron job activates the
changes).
I'm using Gentoo for all my hppa hacking right now since I wanted to
focus on toolchain issues rather than distribution issues :/
I have to say one learns a lot about toolchain issues building a
distribution...
Absolutely. That doesn't detract from needing a stable environment
to build and test with, which gentoo provides.
In my opinion, debian unstable is now "stable". Probably, this is because it has been pretty much frozen except for bug fixes for several months. It taken many months but the SMP stability problems are pretty much fixed. Helge's machine was running stably
at a load average of ~250 in hackbench testing.  It used to crash reliably.

It is great that gentoo supported users through a rocky period.

Have you played with mysql-5.5?  Testsuite appears to show some
glibc problems (pthread_cond_timedwait).  Thoughts?
What glibc version?
Debian 2.13-38. Nothing much has changed since your patches were integrated.
Kernel was 3.9-r7+.

We use the generic pthread_cond_timedwait implementation.

The only thought I have is that pthread_cond_timedwait in master
might try to use PI-aware mutexes and we haven't had much testing
of the PI support in hppa. So there might be some issues to review
there. I'll run the mysql-5.5 testsuite to try validate some of the
cleanup I have planned.
That would be great.

Dave

--