Re: install medium for c8000 [was Re: PARISC Linux website and status update]

On Mon, April 22, 2013 15:12, Graham Gower wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is an install iso with a kernel that has
> CONFIG_PDC_CONSOLE=y, so that I can install on a c8000. (Or am I
> missing something, is there a way to get it to work without this?)
>
> Its kinda annoying if I've got to build a cross toolchain, cross
> compile a kernel, tftpboot, nfsroot, etc. in order to put something on the
> hard drive.

AFAIK the C8000s have unsupported serial ports / network card.

Adding a real cheap serial card worked very well for me with the 'latest'
HPPA netinstall iso.

Balint succeeded installing a C8000 by using a USB CD-ROM drive (+
additional serial card).

See threads:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2010/05/msg00005.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2010/05/msg00004.html

There are a few more threads from Jan-May 2010 that may contain some
useful information about installing on a C8000.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Geert