hppa packages missing?

Hi Folks!

I tried to power up and update my j6k and failed badly. I wanted to
test a kernel change for Michael Tsirkin:
    http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-parisc/msg03896.html

The main problem was dselect wanted to remove locales among many
packages because glibc and other dependencies couldn't resolve. So I
aborted the update. Has anyone updated an hppa machine using the
debian ports uploaded packages succesfully?

I don't have details of the missing dependencies but I'd be happy to
run any specific commands and report back the results.

thanks,
grant