Re: hppa architecture imported in debian-ports.org

Hi Aurelian,

As I indicated on the parisc-linux list, I am willing to divert some
of my effort from GCC to helping support the debian-hppa port.  The
general concensus was that we need to work toward another stable release.
There was little support for just keeping unstable going.

I see a few new additions to unstable this week.  I would really like
to see a new libc6 build using gcc 4.5.3 or later.  Binutils needs to
contain the inequivalent aliasing fix.  There needs to be discussion
as to what's the best kernel version but progress has been made in
solving some of the stability problems, particularly on PA8800/PA8900
hardware.

I very much appreciate your effort in moving hppa to debian-ports.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)