Re: Debian 6.0

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 5:20 PM, dann frazier <dannf@dannf.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 11:38:20AM +0100, Thibaut VARENE wrote:

>> Just curious, which policy states that any unstable port must be a
>> potential stable candidate? (i.e. what's the matter with keeping
>> autobuilders running, as long as hppa isn't a blocker for testing
>> migration?);
>
> I don't know of a policy either way; though I suspect the decision
> belongs to the ftpmasters. I interpreted Joerg's e-mail[1] to suggest
> we should move to debian-ports in this case.

OK. I suppose it's impossible, but I believe many users (myself
included) would have been very happy to keep using unstable, or even
better testing even though it's not meant to ever become a stable
release: that would help avoiding the dreaded unstable breakages which
happen from time to time.

I'm not really aware how much effort this would have required, but it
would have been nice, to keep existing installations running a while
longer with up-to-date software...

my 2c.

--
Thibaut VARENE