Re: 9000/785/C8000 - turn off boot console ttyB0

On 7/11/2010 18:08, admin@host47.de wrote:
I have a problem with the installation of my HP C800 workstation.

During installation I get the following message: Install hangs on HP c8000 - 'Turn off boot console ttyB0'
I have the internet ... ... google search for solutions, I now ATI graphics cards over 20 tested. no success
Maybe they can help me

The only way to install the C8000 is over serial, BUT the onboard serial ports don't work (yet), so you'll need to buy a PCI serial card (moschip works ok).
Also the onboard NIC doesn't work ( yet ;-) ), so you can't do a netinstall unless you insert a NIC supported by the tg3 or e1000 driver. (This is how I installed my machine)

USB CD-ROM (and SCSI CD-ROM?) should work out of the box.

See those 2 posts in the archive for more info:

- http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2010/05/msg00004.html
- http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2010/05/msg00005.html

Regards,
Geert